2019 - The Club has three categories of membership, which are as follows:
- Bowls Member (League and non-league players)
- Social Member (Non-bowling member)
- Junior Member (Under 18 years of age)
Social bowling sessions are held on Wednesday evenings during the outdoor season. All equipment is provided and there are qualified bowls coaches available to help any one requiring guidance. The only requirement is for flat soled shoes on the green. Taster sessions are available free of charge on these Wednesday nights so come along and give it a try, (gentle exercise, good social company and a licensed bar).
The hope is that new members will progress and join our successful league bowlers.
(2) Social Members have access to all our facilities and events.
(3) Junior Members play a vital role at our Club. It is a fact that many of the top bowlers began playing the game in their early teens, probably because their parents were also bowlers. Nevertheless, bowls is a sport which both sexes can, and do, play equally well. Not all young adults may class themselves as 'natural' athletes, playing team sports such as football, cricket, netball and hockey etc, yet might well find they are 'natural' bowlers. So why not give it a try? You may find yourself 'bowled over'!
New members are always welcome for any of the above categories and are welcome to come along and 'have a go' at bowling. For further details with regard to this, and membership fees, please contact the Club Secretary:
Jeff Thorpe - Tel. 01636 923942
Being a club member, the social aspect is vitally important as a means of not only keeping the Club financially viable, but also active throughout the year and not just through the duration of the bowls season.
For many years the Club has operated a licensed bar with the Clubhouse Lounge area and this has been improved upon over the years to provide a much appreciated facility at our home matches and for social occasions.
Every month throughout the year the Club holds a Saturday social evening where, on most occasions, members provide food as a contribution to the buffet-type supper. In addition to these, there are the occasional BBQs linked to Fun Days/Bowls Drives etc. during the bowls season.
The Christmas Social evening is always the most popular event on the social calendar.
The Clubhouse can accommodate up to 42 persons for these type of events.
Members are permitted to bring guests to these social function on two occasions, after which they are required to become members of the Club.